In this Policy, when we refer to CARLOTA PASTORA ADVOCATS or “we”/”us”/”our” we are referring to CARLOTA PASTORA ADVOCATS and also to other companies and entities that are associated with us.
Changes to this policy
We may revise this Policy at any time by amending this page. Although we may notify you of any material changes to this Policy, you are expected to check this page from time to time to take note of any changes we make, as they are binding on you.
If you prefer not to receive cookies while browsing our website, you can set your browser to warn you before accepting cookies and to reject cookies when your browser alerts you to their presence. You can also refuse all cookies by turning them off in your browser. By not accepting cookies, some pages may not fully function and you may not be able to access certain information on our site.
The information we collect and where we get it from
"Personal Information" is any information that can be used to identify you or that we can link to you and that we have in our possession or control.
We will collect and process the following personal information about you:
Information you provide us
In the course of our business as a law firm, we will process Personal Information that you provide to us, including when you email or contact us through the following channels:
- Subscription to services on our Site: When you subscribe to newsletters, seminars, conferences or events, or when you obtain legal services from us, or when you contact us to make inquiries or respond to our communications, the information information you provide to us may include your full name, title, phone number, email address and content, date and time of your email correspondence, and information about your employer or company.
- In relation to our provision of legal services: if you are a client of SunInBest Solar Solutions, S.L., you will provide us with your Personal Data when you or the company you represent become a client. If you are not a customer, we may collect or receive your Personal Information because you are involved in one of our customer matters.
- Resume Application: When you apply for a position with us, you may provide us with certain personal information as requested in our application. This may include details such as your full name and information about your education and qualifications from your CV.
Information we otherwise collect about you
We will also collect information about when you use our services or when we interact or correspond with you. We use various technologies to collect and store information when you visit our websites. For technical purposes, but not including personal data information, we may, for example, collect information about the type of device you use to access the Websites, your IP address and geographic location, the operating system and version, the type browser settings, the content you view and the features you access on our websites, the web pages and search terms you enter on our websites.
Information we obtain from other sources
- If you apply for a position with us, we may collect Personal Information related to previous employment, qualifications and education, and other details about you that will be provided to us by a third party providing background screening services to us.
- If we collect or receive your Personal Information in the context of providing legal services, we may receive information from third parties such as your employer, other parties relevant to the services we are providing (for example, counter parties to transactions) and others such as regulators and authorities. That information could include your name, contact details, employment details and other information relevant to the legal services we are providing to our client.
How we use the information we collect
We do not sell, rent, trade, or otherwise disclose Personal Information that visitors submit through our Sites, except as described in this Policy.
We may also use the Personal Information we collect to protect ourselves and prevent fraud, claims and other liabilities, as well as to comply with or enforce applicable legal requirements and our policies and terms.
We use Personal Information for these purposes when it is necessary to protect, exercise or defend our legal rights, or when we are required to do so by a law that applies to us.
We may USE your Personal Information in the following ways:
- Use it to provide legal services to the relevant client.
- Use it to engage in marketing and business development activities in connection with our legal services. This may include sending you newsletters, legal updates, marketing communications, and other information that may be of interest to you.
- When you have applied for a position with us, to review and process your application for employment.
- Use it to comply with the legal and regulatory obligations that we have to comply with.
- Use it to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights or for purposes of legal proceedings.
- Use it for technical purposes to record and monitor the use of our websites or other online services for business purposes, which may include analyzing usage, measuring site performance, and generating marketing reports.
- Use it for our legitimate business interests, such as conducting business research and analysis or administering the operation of our websites and business.
- Use it to review any complaints or queries you may have, and
- Use it to prevent and respond to actual or potential fraudulent or illegal activity.
Furthermore, we may collect, process and share any statistics based on an aggregation of information in our possession, provided that no individual is identified from the resulting analysis and the collection, processing and dissemination of such information is permitted by law.
Reasons for using your personal information
We rely on the following legal bases to process your personal information, namely:
Consent: We may need your consent to use your personal information. You may withdraw your consent by contacting us (see below).
Performance of a contract: We may need to collect and use your personal information to enter into a contract with you or to perform our obligations under a contract with you.
Legitimate interest – we may use your personal information for our legitimate interests, some examples of which are given above.- Compliance with law or regulation – we may use your personal information as necessary to comply with applicable law.< /p>
How we share information with third parties
We share Personal Information with our international offices and with the various entities that make up our international network.
As a result, your personal information may be transferred to locations outside of the European Union, as well as within it, for the purposes described above. We may also share your personal information outside of CARLOTA PASTORA ADVOCATS. This may include:
- Third party agents/suppliers or contractors, subject to confidentiality obligations, in connection with the processing of your Personal Information for the purposes described in this Policy. This may include, but is not limited to, IT and communications service providers.
- Third parties relevant to the legal services we provide. This may include, but is not limited to, against parties to transactions or litigation, other professional service providers, regulators, authorities, government institutions and stock exchanges. These service providers are not authorized by us to use or disclose the information except as necessary to perform services on our behalf or to comply with legal requirements.
- To the extent required by law or court order, for example, if we are under a duty to disclose your personal information to comply with any legal obligation.
- When we transfer your personal information outside of Europe, we will ensure that it is protected and transferred in a manner consistent with the legal requirements applicable to the information. This can be done in several ways, for example:
- The country to which we send personal information may be approved by the European Commission.
- The recipient may have signed a contract based on "standard contractual clauses" approved by the European Commission, which oblige them to protect their personal information, or
- When the recipient is in the US, they may be a certified member of the EU-US Privacy Shield scheme.
In other circumstances, the law may allow us to transfer your personal information outside of Europe.
In all cases, however, any transfer of your personal information will comply with applicable data protection law.
You can obtain more information about the protection of your personal data when it is transferred outside Europe (including a sample copy of the standard contractual clauses) by contacting us using the details indicated below.
Maintaining your information and information security
How long we keep your personal information will vary and will depend mainly on:
The purpose for which we are using your personal information – we will need to keep the information for as long as is necessary for the relevant purpose,
Legal obligations – laws or regulations may establish a minimum period during which we must keep your personal information.
We will ensure that the personal information we hold is subject to appropriate security measures.
Your Choices and Rights
Subject to applicable law, you may have the right to request access to and rectification of the Personal Information we maintain about you, to request the restriction of the processing of your Personal Information, or to object to such processing for reasons related to your particular situation.
In addition, you may have the right to request the deletion of your Personal Information in certain circumstances provided by applicable law. Subject to applicable law, where technically feasible and upon written request and verifiable identification, we will provide you with a copy of your Personal Information in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format.
To exercise these rights, please contact us as indicated below. You can file a complaint with a data protection authority if you are not satisfied with our response.
Links to other websites
In addition, this website contains links to websites that have been created and are maintained by others. We do not warrant, express or implied, the accuracy or reliability of the information contained on this website or on any other website to which this site is linked. Links to other sites are not intended to indicate or imply that CARLOTA PASTORA ADVOCATS sponsors or is affiliated or associated in any way with or the information contained on those other websites.
In addition, the views expressed in the materials contained on this website are the views of the individual authors and may not reflect the views of CARLOTA PASTORA ADVOCATS or any of its partners or employees.
Children under the age of 18 are not the intended audience for our website. To protect your privacy, CARLOTA PASTORA ADVOCATS prohibits the request of personal information from children under 18 years of age.
How to contact us and other important information
If you would like more information about the collection, use, disclosure, transfer or processing of your personal information or the exercise of any of the rights mentioned above, please contact us by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org